Friday, February 8, 2013

Impromptu Date Night


I am a planner down to the core.  I love having a plan and knowing what to expect, but as you all know, life doesn't always go by YOUR plan.  And of course when that happens, I am always let down and disappointed.  I don't know why I do that to myself - I know everything isn't ALWAYS going to go my way, but somehow I expect it to.  (Is my Type A personality showing through the screen yet?)

But here's the thing, I always have the best time when the hubby and I do something spur-of-the-moment.  All of a sudden I'm carefree, I don't worry, I don't get my hopes up (because I had nothing planned), and I can completely enjoy the moment. 

So you ask, why do I not do this more often?  Because I'm a Type A planner, of course!  I already told you that!

The other night I did let go, and we had a little impromptu date.  (I even had dinner planned but said "forget you, we're going out!")  And do you know what?  I enjoyed every bit of it and am starting to crave some more impromptu moments in my life.  Who knows what I'll do next.  I'm changing my ways.  Ha!

Are you a planner or free spirit?  I dream of being a free spirit and just going with the flow, but it's just not in my nature.  (Don't get me wrong - I'm not a complete stick in the mud and can enjoy myself.  It's just my mind gets caught up in making plans all the time.) 

No comments: