Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feeling a little domestic today!




I got bit by the domestic bug today. Don't you just get in those moods sometime when all you want to do is bake, prepare and nest? Well, today is definitely my day, and I attacked it full force.

On the menu tonight-grilled rib-eye steak (for the hubby-yes, he likes his steak!), roasted beet and carrot salad, steamed asparagus, and for dessert (drum roll please) blueberry cake! And oh my does it smell good. I've had the recipe for a while, but just haven't made it yet. Can't wait to taste it tonight! All those blueberries, lemon zest and vanilla have my taste buds a wanting! I'll let you know how it actually is-let's pray it lives up to all the hype!

PS-The pictures above are some gifts I got from my family for my birthday. Aren't they just great?! Both the family and the gifts that is. They always know exactly what I would like from Anthropologie(the wish list helps a bit!) Just walking into the home section of Anthropologie just makes me want to be even more domestic. The hubby was great enough to let me register there for our wedding! And let me tell you, I love every bit of our domestic paradise we now call a part of our home.

PSS-The cake was divine!!

No comments: