Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eat Pray Love


Yesterday I went and saw Eat Pray Love with a dear friend (love ya, Becca!) and I have to say it was really good (even though I basically cried through the whole thing.) You never know how a highly anticipated film with a superb actress will play out, but man, oh man, it did not disappoint. I was super excited about it for the past couple of months, but then I started to worry that I was placing too much hype on the film only to be let down once I saw it. Not the case - I enjoyed it just as much as I thought I would. And Julia Roberts! Julia, Julia, Julia - can you deliver anything but greatness?! She has been and remains one of my favorite actors of all time.

Edit -- Although, I don't support and endorse the beliefs of the film, I do believe it can open up issues and struggles that everyone deals with. Having a sense of peace within is a big struggle for most people, and the only way you can truly have that is with Jesus Christ. The film doesn't point to that, but bottom line is one cannot exist without the other. You can search and search in this life and never be truly satisfied. Yes, a "good life" might be in the picture, but that is not the goal of this life. I believe the movie was great and entertaining, but there is a greater truth that was not portrayed in the storyline.

PS - I have edited this post because the hubby brought to my attention that it came across very vague the first time around and wasn't portraying my beliefs very clearly. I am so thankful to have a partner that looks out for me and wants only the best for me. I never want to portray myself as something I'm not or support something I don't.

No comments: