Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Who's ready for pie?



One day away from Thanksgiving, and one day away from pie!  I don't tend to eat it very much throughout the year, but once the holidays come around, I'm all in.  It's one of my faves, and I tend to get a little excited about it.  (Ok, a lot excited about it! One, no two, slices minimum.)

Doesn't this chocolate and hazelnut pie look delish from What Katie Ate?  Too bad I'm allergic to nuts, or I would be making this in a heartbeat.

On a more serious note, the holidays are about far more than food and pie.  I sometimes get wrapped up in all the details that I overlook the simple truth and point of the holidays.  (Does that ever happen to you?) 

I'm thankful for my faith, my family, my health, my friends and all my other blessings that are far too many to list here.  Hope you have a great Thanksgiving full of gratitude.

pie via here


No comments: