Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy Hour


TGIF.  These past couple of weeks have been rough...really rough, and I couldn't be happier that it's the weekend.  Lately, the hubby and I have been having more weekend dates because his school and work schedule have been a little lighter...and I'm loving it!  Breakfast date here, coffee date there, drinks with friends...sure!  I am counting down the days until graduation (2 months!) and we can be on a normal schedule together.

On to the booze...I have been all about the fruity and summery drinks (it must be the heat) and ran across this beautiful image on pinterest.  Once I found out it was a rhubarb mojito, I was sold!  I've got to try this baby out, and this weekend might be the perfect time.  (We recently got our bar cart and are in operation "stock-the-cart" phase.  Major cocktail experimentation has been going on.)

Mojitos are the perfect mix of fresh, light and tart and are my official drink of summer.  Even though I'm a cold weather gal, I definitely enjoy drinks by the pool ANYTIME.

My challenge this year is to try as many variations on the mojito as possible.  I'll keep you updated on some of my favorites.

Cheers to all and let's all get a mojito this weekend!

P.S. Look how much pink I've been drawn to lately.  What's happening?!

via here

No comments: