Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tight Quarters


This little kitchen space gives me butterflies, lots of butterflies.  You should know by now that I'm a huge fan of brick and white, and then you add in some industrial appliances...I'm sold!

On Sundays, my domestic housewife-ness comes out in full force.  The week night meals get planned and prepped, the baking gets attempted, the house gets cleaned, the laundry gets done, yada yada yada. I don't know why it is, but Sunday is the day I turn into "Super Martha Stewart."  I guess you could say I'm nesting for the week ahead!  (Is that a thing?)

So, on these Sundays I find myself mostly in the kitchen, and although my "dream" kitchen involves a huge island, tons of cabinets and an open layout, I would be perfectly content ecstatic to have this little beauty as my kitchen forever.  There is something about a charming space that gets me every time.  I forget about the cramped quarters that will come to light when two people are trying to prepare a weeknight dinner in a hurry and the crowd that will inevitably gather when you have friends over (because everyone always ends up in the kitchen, right?)

I'll take it anyway.

via here

No comments: