Wednesday, October 24, 2012

When did we grow up?

NUNUNU SS13 

My best friend had her first little last week (Lyla, you are so precious) and it got me thinking - when in the world did we grow up?  When did we become adults?  When did we stop being awkward little middle schoolers or know-it-all high schoolers?  

A lot of my friends are now married, beginning their careers and starting a family.  Yikes!  It's scary to think that I am an adult when I still feel like a kid.  

What happened to the days when we would go to school, go to after school practice, come home to eat dinner, maybe do a little homework and then start it all over again the next day, only to get us to the weekend to hang out with friends?  (I guess we were living for the weekend just the same back then, except now those weeks don't seem nearly as rough as these weeks!)

But, I guess there's not a lot we can do but go forth with life.  We are going to grow up.  We are going to feel "old" when we find out our new friend who we have so much in common with was born in 1992!  Ekk!  We can't change it, so we might as well embrace it.  

And I bet to many - we are still young!  There's still a lot of life to be done!

via here

No comments: